- Prior to the party, check screen doors and repair any holes. Once the guests have arrived, remind them to shut the door behind them to keep pests from entering the home.
- Have plenty of insect repellant containing an EPA-registered active ingredient like DEET or picaridin for you and your guests.
- Yellowjackets and other stinging insects are attracted to sweet-smelling fragrances. Avoid using excessive perfume or cologne, and opt for unscented lotions and sunscreen.
- Provide clear plastic cups for your guests, as aluminum cans are good hiding spots for stinging insects.
- Adorn your deck or patio with citronella candles that can help minimize the presence of mosquitoes.
- Plan to serve food and beverages indoors, and reserve outdoor space for eating and entertaining.
- Clean spills and crumbs immediately from tables and other surfaces.
- Dispose of trash in tightly closed garbage containers located away from guests.
- Bring utensils and dishware indoors shortly after the meal.
- Happy First Day of Fall! Prepare for critters to start migrating into your home. Have us come for an inspection.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Thank you Larry B. in Downers Grove, IL for your generous review. We can help you take care of your pest issues tod… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Thank you Berkshire Village in Kansas City, Kansas for the positive review. We offer services in 7 states.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Fall is a critical time to be proactive as insects & rodents look for new homes. Learn about our Home Guard program: smithereen.com/residential/ho… 6 days ago
- Thank you Squared Circle in Chicago for the positive review. We are happy we could take care of your pest issue.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago