- Prior to the party, check screen doors and repair any holes. Once the guests have arrived, remind them to shut the door behind them to keep pests from entering the home.
- Have plenty of insect repellant containing an EPA-registered active ingredient like DEET or picaridin for you and your guests.
- Yellowjackets and other stinging insects are attracted to sweet-smelling fragrances. Avoid using excessive perfume or cologne, and opt for unscented lotions and sunscreen.
- Provide clear plastic cups for your guests, as aluminum cans are good hiding spots for stinging insects.
- Adorn your deck or patio with citronella candles that can help minimize the presence of mosquitoes.
- Plan to serve food and beverages indoors, and reserve outdoor space for eating and entertaining.
- Clean spills and crumbs immediately from tables and other surfaces.
- Dispose of trash in tightly closed garbage containers located away from guests.
- Bring utensils and dishware indoors shortly after the meal.
- Smithereen has been a leader in pest control since 1888. We specialize in a number of different industries, from re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Bed bugs are invasive parasites that can be found anywhere. They latch onto objects and are carried into homes, ap… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Smithereen Pest Management provides a variety of Integrated Pest Control services to commercial & residential custo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Thermal Remediation® utilizes a high powered heater to raise the ambient air temperature within a space to a bed bu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Smithereen technicians have seen a spike in Kansas bed bug cases, especially in metropolitan areas. Don’t let bed b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago