Experts at Smithereen Pest Management recommend the following tips to keep nuisance wildlife in the wild:
- Seal any cracks or crevices on the exterior of the home with caulk and steel wool.
- Pay special attention to holes in the structure that lead to dark secluded areas, like attics and belfries.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Keep tree limbs cut back 6 to 8 feet from the roofline and store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.