- Block off access points. Take time to inspect the outside of your home for cracks and crevices, paying special attention to areas where utility pipes enter. Seal any small holes or gaps with a silicone-based caulk. Keep tree branches and other shrubbery well trimmed and away from the structure.
- Eliminate sources of water in and around the home. Indoors, routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture and repair any leaky pipes. Consider using a dehumidifier in damp basements, crawl spaces or attics. Outside, ensure that downspouts and gutters are functioning properly so that water flows away from the home’s foundation.
- Keep a clean kitchen. Wipe down counter tops and sweep floors to remove crumbs and residue from spills. Store food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator. Also, make sure to dispose of garbage regularly.
- Don’t forget about the pets. After mealtime, keep pet bowls clean and wipe up any spilled food or water around them promptly. Store dry pet food in a sealed plastic container rather than the paper bags they often come in, which can be easily accessed by ants, rodents and other pests.
- Work with a pest professional. Eliminating ants can be challenge without the proper treatment. Some species of ants, like carpenter ants, can cause serious property damage while others can pose health threats. If you see ants in your home, contact a licensed pest professional to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment.
- Smithereen has been a leader in pest control since 1888. We specialize in a number of different industries, from re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Bed bugs are invasive parasites that can be found anywhere. They latch onto objects and are carried into homes, ap… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Smithereen Pest Management provides a variety of Integrated Pest Control services to commercial & residential custo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Thermal Remediation® utilizes a high powered heater to raise the ambient air temperature within a space to a bed bu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Smithereen technicians have seen a spike in Kansas bed bug cases, especially in metropolitan areas. Don’t let bed b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago