- Block off access points. Take time to inspect the outside of your home for cracks and crevices, paying special attention to areas where utility pipes enter. Seal any small holes or gaps with a silicone-based caulk. Keep tree branches and other shrubbery well trimmed and away from the structure.
- Eliminate sources of water in and around the home. Indoors, routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture and repair any leaky pipes. Consider using a dehumidifier in damp basements, crawl spaces or attics. Outside, ensure that downspouts and gutters are functioning properly so that water flows away from the home’s foundation.
- Keep a clean kitchen. Wipe down counter tops and sweep floors to remove crumbs and residue from spills. Store food in sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator. Also, make sure to dispose of garbage regularly.
- Don’t forget about the pets. After mealtime, keep pet bowls clean and wipe up any spilled food or water around them promptly. Store dry pet food in a sealed plastic container rather than the paper bags they often come in, which can be easily accessed by ants, rodents and other pests.
- Work with a pest professional. Eliminating ants can be challenge without the proper treatment. Some species of ants, like carpenter ants, can cause serious property damage while others can pose health threats. If you see ants in your home, contact a licensed pest professional to identify the species and recommend a course of treatment.
- Thank you Berkshire Village in Kansas City, Kansas for the positive review. We offer services in 7 states.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- Fall is a critical time to be proactive as insects & rodents look for new homes. Learn about our Home Guard program: smithereen.com/residential/ho… 3 days ago
- Thank you Squared Circle in Chicago for the positive review. We are happy we could take care of your pest issue.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Our Green Shield service has been audited & approved by the expert scientists at the Integrated Pest Management (IP… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Thank you Missouri Western State University for the amazing 5-star review. Read more reviews on our homepage:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago