- Eliminate areas of standing water around the home such as flowerpots, birdbaths, baby pools, grill covers and other objects where water collects. Mosquitoes need only about ½ inch of water to breed.
- Screen all windows and doors. Repair even the smallest tear or hole.
- Minimize outside activity between dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
- If you must spend time outdoors during peak mosquito times, wear long pants, sleeves and socks. Also, use an insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin or IR3535.
- Avoid wearing dark colors and floral prints, loose-fitting garments, open-toe shoes and sweet-smelling perfumes or colognes.
- We offer commercial pest control solutions, including bed bug mitigation, for: Commercial Real Estate, Food & Bever… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Since 1888, Smithereen has been an Industry leader as one of the first pest control companies to offer an Integrate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Looking to cozy up next to a fire this winter? So are ants and mice. Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Did you know that a mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime? This winter make sure to seal cracks and holes… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Just because you can’t see flying insects during the winter months doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Winter-proof your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago