- Keep all kitchen areas clean (including floors) and free of useless clutter. Kitchen appliances should be kept free of spills and crumbs. Clean shelves regularly and store foods such as cereal, flour, and dog food in resealable containers.
- Periodically sweep and vacuum floor areas in the kitchen, under furniture, and around dining areas.
- Keep garbage areas clean. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers and disposed of regularly.
- Seal cracks, crevices, and other gaps around doors and windows. Doors and windows should always be kept closed or well screened.
- Check pipes and pipe areas around the house for leaks, cracks and gaps and seal and patch any problems if necessary. Leaky faucets should also be fixed.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. If you have mold and mildew in your home or office crawlspace, it’s a symptom of an excess moisture problem.
- Inspect boxes, grocery bags and other packaging thoroughly. Insects have also been known to come in on potted plants and in luggage.
- Smithereen has been a leader in pest control since 1888. We specialize in a number of different industries, from re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Bed bugs are invasive parasites that can be found anywhere. They latch onto objects and are carried into homes, ap… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Smithereen Pest Management provides a variety of Integrated Pest Control services to commercial & residential custo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- Thermal Remediation® utilizes a high powered heater to raise the ambient air temperature within a space to a bed bu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Smithereen technicians have seen a spike in Kansas bed bug cases, especially in metropolitan areas. Don’t let bed b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago