- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home to help prevent pests from getting inside. Be sure to check the areas where utilities and pipes enter the home. A mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home. Pests often take up residence in wood piles and can easily gain access to your home if the pile is nearby.
- Rodents can hide in clutter, so keep storage areas well organized, and store boxes off of the floor.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains. Extra attention should be paid to kitchens and bathrooms as these areas are particularly vulnerable to cockroach infestations.
- Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens in windows.
- Screen vents to chimneys. Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Smithereen is hiring! We are looking for a Service Manager to join our growing team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Thank you Melissa for the 5 star review in Kansas City! Glad you are taking advantage of our Home Guard program to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Our Mosquito Guard technicians must complete a rigorous 2 month training program before they are allowed to treat y… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- You can now finance your pest control needs with Smithereen Pest Management Services! Learn more here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Here are the advantages of choosing Smithereen to eradicate bed bugs, using heat: Lethal temperature kills all lif… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago